Welcome to a resource guide of tools, handouts, organizers, and activities about poetry themes, vocabulary, close reads, and devices.
- What is Poetry? – Teacher Resource
- What is Poetry – Student Blank Copy
- Organizing Poems
- Theme Activity #1 – Shel Silverstein
- Theme Activity #2 – Jack Prelutsky
- Close Read Poem #1 – Christina Rossetti
- Close Read Poem #2 – Judith Viorst
- Close Read Poem #3 – Lilian Moore
- Rhyming Activity
- Rhythm Activity
- Alliteration – Tongue Twisters
- Alliteration – Brainstorming
- Similes in Poems
- Metaphors in Poems
- Onomatopoeia Analysis
- Onomatopoeia Poem Activity
- Poem Main Idea and Detail
- Poem Sequencing
Enjoy and thank you!
Loads of Learning
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.