This set of doodle notes covers characteristics of living things, viruses, cells and organelles. Doodle notes allow students to color or doodle as they learn promoting better retention of concepts by activating both hemispheres of the brain.
Product includes 12 pages of graphic organizer style notes with plenty of visual aides to enhance the notes and allow students to doodle as they learn. Teacher copy of the notes also included.
- Characteristics of Living Things
- -Viruses & Virus Life Cycle
- Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells
- Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration
- Diffusion, Osmosis, and Active Transport
- Human & Microbe Interactions
What are Doodle Notes?
Doodle notes are a visual note-taking strategy that encourages students to draw, doodle, colour, and embellish their in-class notes to increase content retention. Giving students permission to doodle as they listen and learn in class helps to keep them engaged in the lesson and improves overall focus.
In addition, doodling while note-taking activates both the left and right hemisphere of the brain simultaneously allowing for more cross-talk between the two hemispheres. The result? Improved retention of concepts taught in class! Not only will your students learn MORE by using doodle notes, they will enjoy making them because they can be creative. The notes become a point of pride for students as they color and personalize the content on each page to make it more meaningful to them.
How to use doodle notes:
- Project the notes using a document camera or onto the whiteboard and fill them in with your class while talking through the information.
- Use them with a regular PowerPoint lesson and let students fill in the notes as they view the PowerPoint.
- Have students read the material from a source and fill in their doodle notes on their own