Everything you need to teach debate with Shakespeare's Macbeth. This complete unit includes 5 lessons:
1. Introduction to controversial, debatable topics within Macbeth
-In-depth class discussion questions
-Mini-debate to engage learners and begin conversations on the text
2. Crafting arguments- the debate way. Introduce this step-by-step method
for crafting an argument specifically for debate.
3. Crafting counter-arguments- the debate way. Introduce this simple four
point method for crafting a counter-argument specifically for refutation in
4. Introduction to debate- introduces debate skills to students. Students learn
the why and how of debate, watch several examples, and grade those
debate examples using the assessment tools that will be applied to their
debates as well.
5. Introduction to Public Speaking- a mini-lesson to introduce the most critical
skills necessary for successful public speaking.