A handout to accompany the Nativity Story . After hearing the story, can students retell the events accurately and in the correct sequence? Students can write, or teachers can write their accounts of the Nativity.
Simple, clear cards with straight forward explanations and uncluttered visual support. The same information is also available on a PowerPoint to use as a teaching tool with the whole class or a small group.
A set of cards to help learners see the link between fraction decimals and percentages. complete with information on converting one to another. Sassoon font throughout, with clear visual representations of fractions.
Double sided maths mat. Designed as a reminder for pupils in UKS2 and above who need additional support or visual guidance but could be useful elsewhere. Very clearly laid out. Includes 100 square, multiplication square, 2d and 3d shapes, maths operations, fractions, percentages and decimals, time, angles and UK coins. Sassoon font throughout.
A teaching and learning resource pack for the Jewish Festival of Passover / Pesach (Hebrew).
This resource contains a fully editable, colourful and informative 65 slide lesson / assembly power point presentation on the Jewish Festival of Passover or Pesach (Hebrew) which is celebrated for seven or eight days in April each year and is a very significant event in Judaism.
It also contains information sheets, worksheets and activities on three different aspects of the Passover.
1. The Ten Plagues - A resource about plagues that befell the Egyptians and is an integral part of the story behind the Jewish feast of Passover / Pesach (Hebrew) in Judaism. It contains images of the plagues, a template for cutting and pasting images and an illustrated template to write on captions of the plagues.
2. The Passover seder meal This resource is about the foods and drink that are used during the Passover at the Seder meal and their symbolic significance in Judaism. It contains information sheets on the different foods and their symbolic meanings, activity sheets involving filling a Seder plate with the food. The worksheets are differentiated. One worksheet involves cutting and pasting the foods onto the plate. The second worksheet involves labelling the Seder plate and providing a description of the foods and their significance.
3. The biblical Passover story. This resource focuses on the Passover story. It contains the biblical story that led to the Passover, the Israelites in captivity, the plagues, Moses, the Exodus- in picture format with brief text captions, images that can be cut and pasted onto templates a writing template for the story and a template for drawing / pasting pictures about the Exodus.
The resources are suitable for Key stage 1 and 2 pupils and older SEN students.
All images in Passover story and plague are courtesy of http://distantshores.org/resources/illustrations/sweet-publishing
This resource is a simple text, fully editable, colourful and informative 60 slide lesson / assembly power point presentation on the Jewish Festival of Passover or Pesach (Hebrew) which is celebrated for seven or eight days in April each year and is a very significant event in Judiasm. It is suitable for younger and SEN pupils.
The resource contains references to
- Why Passover is celebrated and how it got its name – the ten plagues, the exodus of the Israelites from Egyptian captivity across the Red Sea led by Moses.
- The Seder meal – the Seder plate and the symbolic significance of all the foods on the plate - lamb bone, roasted egg, a green vegetable to dip in salt water, bitter herbs and charoset, a paste of fruit, nuts and wine. Other foods at the meal, including matzah, the four cups / glasses of wine and the extra wine goblet for the prophet Elijah.
- The rituals followed at the Seder meal – breaking the matzah, reading from the ‘Haggadah’, the Seder cushion to ‘lean’ on. The tradition of the youngest child asking the four questions, the spilling of drops of wine on the plate.
The power point contains two hyperlinks. One to a short 4 minute animated version of the Israelites' exodus from Egypt and a 4-minute pop / rap of the Seder meal.
This resource will help to contribute to the pupils' 'Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural' learning (SMSC). The PowerPoint will help to actively promote the British Values of mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
A slightly longer, (65 slides) more detailed Passover power point, suitable for older pupils, is available to purchase for £2.99 from https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/the-jewish-festival-of-passover-lesson-assembly-powerpoint-64-slides-11258280
A set of resources on the theme of Holy Week and Easter. The resources include
1. A colourful, informative and fully editable 39 slide PowerPoint on the Easter Story and the events of Holy Week. It includes
- Palm Sunday
- Maundy Thursday and the ' The Last Supper'
- Judas' Betrayal
- Good Friday
- The Crucifixion
- The Resurrection
- The appearance of Jesus to Mary Magdalene and the disciples
- Easter Sunday
2. A set of Holy Week and Easter Story themed resources - activities / tasks include differentiated word searches, anagrams, cryptograms and crosswords.
A fully editable informative 44 slide PowerPoint on Saint David's day which is on March 1st.
- the life of St David
- his contribution to the spread of Christianity in Wales
- how Saint David's day is celebrated in Wales and by Welsh communities around the world
- the symbols of Wales - the daffodil, the leek, the National Welsh flag
- food eaten - cawl and welsh cakes
- David's legacy - St David's Cathedral
- his last sermon - 'Do the little things'
The PowerPoint includes a hyperlink to a short video about Saint David (7 minutes).
All images requiring attribution are done so in the PowerPoint itself.