In October 2020 the World Economic Forum released its most recent research into 300 of the world’s biggest companies. It showed that over 50% expect to speed up their plans for automation because of covid-19. With more robots in the workplace, who will be the winners and losers? Download these resources, supported by the Bank of England, to find out!
Use these activities to help answer this question and others about automation:
- Why are business owners turning to robots?
- What are the reasons why they shouldn’t?
- What role might Artificial Intelligence play in the future of work?
- What kinds of jobs might be better suited to robots?
- How might automation affect your career plans?
- How would perspectives differ?