- Extracts from classic literature and famous folktales
- Designed for close reading
- Each excerpt stands alone as a close reading text suitable for scrutiny, critique, reflection, and evaluation.
- Texts may be used as bell-ringers, as homework or vacation
assignments, one-to-one tutoring, no-prep substitute plans, or any
- Includes 3 levels of questions: main ideas and detail, language and literally devices, author's purpose, and evaluation and personal-connection
- Vocabulary rich
- Literary devices covered include: simile and metaphor, onomatopoeia, rhetoric, mood/tone, anthropomorphism, hyperbole and more
- Includes questions on text structure and point of view
- Common Core Aligned
- Answer key included
-Recommended reading levels included
Alice in Wonderland
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
A Little Princess
The Monkey’s Paw
Around the World in Eighty Days
The Time Machine
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Thank you for sharing your resource. This resource has been recommended for teachers by the TES Resource Team.
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.