This Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief Movie Viewing Guide (PG-2010) is a great movie to introduce or pique your students’ interest in Greek mythology. Use this movie guide to help keep your students engaged and create valuable and deep discussion.
This resource consists of 11 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (4 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
*An answer key is included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters’ dialogue and behavior. See the preview for samples.
*A Google Forms Version of the Movie Guide
*CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page - see also preview image)
**CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
*A Family Tree of the Gods with 8 characters from the movie (1 page)
**Note: The Family Tree of the Gods isn’t available in the google forms version due to the limiting format options.
**Distance Learning Tips:
- Distribute the digital PDF file or the google forms version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool on your group call software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
Is this movie guide worth it? Download two of my movie guides for free below:
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
* Pinterest - TeacherTravis
* Instagram - Teachers Travis
* Facebook - K12MovieGuides
* Twitter - K12MovieGuides
* Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides