This Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief movie guide is a great way to introduce or peak your students’ interest in Greek mythology. Use this movie guide to help keep your students engaged and create valuable and deep discussion. Includes a “Family Tree of the Gods” where students can place 8 characters from the film in the tree by carefully paying attention throughout the movie.
Discuss with your students the 11 high-level, short answer and essay questions in this 5 page PDF movie guide by pausing at the designated times on the movie guide.
An answer key is not included as many questions are open-ended and encourage students to analyze the film. Many answers will not fit into a ‘box’. Students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters’ dialogue and behavior.
For more product images and sample questions please visit:
Note: This includes a beta version of a digital movie guide.
It is intended for a paperless classroom if your students each have a tablet/iPad. Here is a method that worked for me:
1. Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don’t already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
2. Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with the students.
3. Ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
Check out my other free movie guide here: free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide here to try before you buy.
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
* Pinterest - TeacherTravis
* Instagram - Teachers Travis
* Facebook - K12MovieGuides
* Twitter - K12MovieGuides
* Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides