Help your students develop important survival skills while improving their reading, writing, spelling and vocabulary!
This practical book is filled with easy-to-use activities that focus on essential vocabulary and real-life situations to help students become more confident and independent. Key words are introduced, then reinforced through step-by-step exercises emphasizing word pronunciation, definitions, spelling, handwriting, problem solving, and more! A terrific way to help your students acquire vital life skills!
Words Include: fitness, leisure, nutrition, acne, hygiene, deodorant, shampoo, poisonous, aspirin, and many more.
Interest Level 7-12 | Reading Level 4-5
- 9 Lessons
- Activities that cover dental health, hygiene, healthy eating, grooming, first aid, and much more
- Answer key
Skills Covered Include:
- Apply information
- Choose the correct word
- Expand vocabulary
- Understand meaning of words and ideas
- Use context clues
- Use dictionary and glossary skills
- Develop life/survival skills
- Find relevant facts
- Analyze information
- Write an original sentence
- Classify information
- Make decisions/choices
- Develop consumer skills
- Understand consumer information
- Evaluate information