A phonics tracking document designed for SEND/ ALN teachers for pupils working at phase 1 of the letter and sounds document.
- Environmental Sounds: To explore and recognise a range of sounds in and around school.
- Instrumental Sounds: To explore and recognising a range of instruments and the sounds they can make.
- Body Sounds: To explore body percussion and vocalisation.
- Rhythm and Rhyme: To join in with rhymes, recognising the patterns in spoken language.
- Alliteration: To develop understanding of repeated sounds in language.
- Voice Sounds: To distinguish between vocalised sounds and begin to combine and blend sounds.
- Oral Blending and Segmenting: To develop an awareness of the sounds which make up words.
I have used with a group of pupils at phase 1 and phase 2 to b
develop listening skills.