Main PowerPoint covers all aspects of ratio and proportion for GCSE (but not direct and inverse proportion):
- relationship between fractions and ratios
- dividing an amount in a ratio - inc finding the total amount and solving problems from the difference between two shares
- simplifying ratios by converting units
- expressing as 1:n
- working with map scales
- proportion and recipes
- best buys
- expressing a ratio in algebraic form
- latest version includes a few harder questions involving fractions of fractions, combining pairs of ratios, and change of ratio, with worked examples for each.
Includes handout versions of main question pages (i.e. black & white with no answers included) at end of presentation.
Also a second PowerPoint with starter/homework questions, most pages including answers (but again with handout versions at the end). Updated April 2020 with a correction and a few minor changes.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Thank you for this excellent resource. The pace and progression from easier to harder is just right. Also the mix of questions on each slide is good. And being editable I could adapt it with ease .
Fab, thank you!
You're welcome, glad it's helpful.
Thank you for the great resource!!
Thanks, glad you like it.
Thank you .
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.