High-quality English resources for reading and writing home learning to meet the demands placed upon schools due to school closures or year groups having to isolate.
The pack provides everything you will need to provide 10 sessions of home learning. The activities are on the theme of ‘Minibeasts’ and cover writing, reading and communication and language skills for early years 40-60 months. These units are also perfect for pupils absent from school or to support learning as a homework package.
• Engaging reading and writing activities to last for 2 weeks
• High quality texts included in the package
• Supportive subject knowledge for parents
• Short bursts of independent activities clearly linked to key skills
- Hear and say the initial sound in words
- Link sounds to letters, naming and sounding the letters of the alphabet
- Begin to read words and simple sentences
- Read some common irregular words (‘tricky words’)
- Begin to break speech down into words
- Segment the sounds in simple words and blend them together (Write CVC words)
- Write labels and captions