Help your students learn the scientific method. Teach them the steps of the scientific method, vocabulary related to designing experiments, how to write a hypothesis and much more!
Scientific method doodle notes are designed to compliment your unit of study on the properties of matter and include plenty of space to add additional notes. PLUS 4 bonus pages that can be used by your students to design their own experiments. The worksheets walk your students through the process of designing an experiment to help facilitate successful scientific inquiry.
This product contains 22 pages – 9 blank student note pages and 9 teacher answer key pages.
Content covered includes:
- What is science
- History of the scientific method
- Steps of the scientific method
- Experimental design and variables
- Practice writing hypotheses
- Observations versus Inferences
4 page worksheet for students to design their own experiments
What are Doodle Notes?
Doodle notes are a visual note-taking strategy that encourages students to draw, doodle, colour, and embellish their in-class notes to increase content retention. Giving students permission to doodle as they listen and learn in class helps to keep them engaged in the lesson and improves overall focus.
How to use Doodle Notes:
- Project the notes using a document camera or onto the whiteboard and fill them in with your class while talking through the information.
- Use them with a regular PowerPoint lesson and let students fill in the notes as they view the PowerPoint.
- Have students read the material from a source and fill in their doodle notes on their own.