Elementary - Middle 2 - 4 lessons
Students will compose a piece of music that has secret codes (their names, last names, birth month, etc.) embedded in the melody. They will name their compositions, practice and perform the composition with a provided backtrack for live recording of the final product.
As follow-up activity in successive lessons, explore adding accompaniment.
Within 2-4 lessons, students will compose a piece of music based on the 7 musical letters. In the process the student will:
• Acquire knowledge of the 7 musical letters, ABCDEFG
• Learn and memorize through practice to write the 7 musical letters on the treble staff
• Learn, review and practice basic note values
• Practice short melodic fragments on a melodic instrument
• Explore basic techniques of extending a composition
• Acquire, review or practice basic staff notation
• Play a melody to a steady beat (provided by a backtrack)
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.