Skellig Teaching Resources (204 slide editable PowerPoint, 23 individual lesson plans, a scheme of work overview and 11 accompanying worksheets)
Skellig is an extensive teaching resource which includes a range of classroom activities for pupils of all abilities.
- research tasks - William Blake and Angels
- predictions about the text using the cover, author and blurb
- analysis of Michael, Mina and Skellig
- exploration of themes
- developing awareness of novel features – hooks, tension, setting
- using P.E.E.
- Almond’s message
- cloze and sequencing activities
- analysis of David Almond’s use of language in key scenes
- hot seating
- empathy question preparation - Diary writing
- Links to a range of Skellig games, websites and more
- Exploring the use of pathetic fallacy