* To know facts about the 1969 Moon Landing
* To know what has changed between then (1969) and now (2000s) in space exploration
This lesson was for a Year 2 class of pupils studying space exploration in History. This resource contains the following downloads:
* Space History PowerPoint - This introduces the 1969 moon landing, and simply explains how it all started. The presentation suggests video-clips (YouTube) where children can watch the take-off and landing on the moon. The presentation also includes a time-line of space exploration from 1949 through to the 2000s to give pupils an idea of chronology.
* Mars Reading - this is a factual short text about the current Mars space exploration, and a comparison about what has changed between space exploration in 1969 and now. The second part of the document shows images of 1969 and 2000s space buggies, space suits, rockets and space food, which the children can look at and compare.
* HAP answer sheet - Reading comprehension questions to the above text.
*LAP answer sheet - A template for pupils to write similarities/ differences that they have learnt between 1969 space exploration and present day space exploration.