Download the original Stone Age Boy resource pack from KS2History. This literacy planning pack works really well with the topic Stone Age to Iron Age for Y3 & Y4.
This very popular resource is a two-week unit of work for Years 3/4 based on the book 'Stone Age Boy', with full lesson plans and pupil resources.
The lessons in this Stone Age Boy Planning Pack use drama, discussion and debate to help pupils to engage with the text and then gives them the opportunity to write and edit their own Stone Age narratives. There is also a grammar focus on using adverbials of time and place and a chance to develop thesaurus skills.
The literacy objectives covered in this unit are:
- To ask and answer questions about a text
- To use a thesaurus to improve my writing
- To use adverbials of time and place
- To prepare a short drama piece based on a text
- To take part in a class debate
- To make a story plan
- To write my own narrative
- To edit my writing
- To make decisions about how to present my writing
All of our lessons are planned by Outstanding-rated teachers and literacy experts.