Stone Age Boy Literacy Planning
Download the original Stone Age Boy resource pack from KS2History.
This very popular resource is a two-week unit of work for Years 3/4 based on the book 'Stone Age Boy', with full lesson plans and pupil resources.
Based on the 2014 National Curriculum. The unit uses drama, discussion and debate to help pupils to engage with the text and then gives them the opportunity to write and edit their own Stone Age narratives. There is also a grammar focus on using adverbials of time and place and a chance to develop thesaurus skills.
The literacy objectives covered in this unit are:
- To ask and answer questions about a text
- To use a thesaurus to improve my writing
- To use adverbials of time and place
- To prepare a short drama piece based on a text
- To take part in a class debate
- To make a story plan
- To write my own narrative
- To edit my writing
- To make decisions about how to present my writing
All of our lessons are planned by Outstanding-rated teachers and literacy experts.
You may also like:
Stone Age to Iron Age Planning Pack
How to Wash a Woolly Mammoth Literacy Planning
Stone Age to Iron Age planning bundle of all 3 packs