Stone Age Boy Literacy Planning
The original Stone Age Boy resource pack from KS2History.
A two-week unit of work for Years 3/4 based on the book 'Stone Age Boy', with full lesson plans and pupil resources.
Based on the 2014 National Curriculum. The unit uses drama, discussion and debate to help pupils to engage with the text and then gives them the opportunity to write and edit their own Stone Age narratives. There is also a grammar focus on using adverbials of time and place and a chance to develop thesaurus skills.
The literacy objectives covered in this unit are:
- To ask and answer questions about a text
- To use a thesaurus to improve my writing
- To use adverbials of time and place
- To prepare a short drama piece based on a text
- To take part in a class debate
- To make a story plan
- To write my own narrative
- To edit my writing
- To make decisions about how to present my writing
The PDF file contains 10 lessons and 7 pupil resource sheets.