FREE to new Tes accounts with code SEPTEMBER-SAVER at checkout!
Updated for 2017! Very popular Stone Age Boy planning downloaded by hundreds of teachers.
Please follow download instructions at the bottom of this description.
Download the original Stone Age Boy resource pack from KS2History. This two-week unit of English work, based on the book 'Stone Age Boy', works well alongside the topic Stone Age to Iron Age for Year 3 and Year 4. The pack contains ten full lesson plans and accompanying pupil resources.
The lessons in this Stone Age Boy Planning Pack use drama, discussion and debate to help pupils to engage with the text and then gives them the opportunity to write and edit their own Stone Age narratives. There is also a grammar focus on using adverbials of time and place and a chance to develop thesaurus skills.
The English objectives covered in this unit are:
- To ask and answer questions about a text
- To use a thesaurus to improve my writing
- To use adverbials of time and place
- To prepare a short drama piece based on a text
- To take part in a class debate
- To make a story plan
- To write my own narrative
- To edit my writing
- To make decisions about how to present my writing
All of our lessons are planned by Outstanding-rated teachers and English experts.
Please follow the steps below to access your files:
1. Return to this page.
2.Further down the page you’ll see the files included within the Resource listed under the header ‘Files Included’/'All Files'. You may need to click on ‘See all Resources’ to view them all.
3. Use the download arrow icons found to the left of each of the file names for each separate file.