These are worksheets for sequencing and retelling the simplified story of Rama and Sita. The LA/MA sheet is already sequenced and children need to write sentences to go with the picture and the MA/HA sheet just has pictures which children need to cut out and sequence before retelling. Hope it helps!
A plan for making shadow puppets with a powerpoint to project onto a screen, also link to where you can find a video (which I just used the audio from) to give you sound if you don't want to write your own script. Plus 2 evaluation sheets, one for those with more precice handwriting and another for the more sprawling style!
Divali Class Play or Assembly including The Story of Rama & Sita
Duration: 10 – 15 minutes reading time (more time added on for presentation of craft work)
Cast Size – 30 (easily adaptable up or down)
This assembly can be done by one class of 30 i.e. 20 children plus 10 in the Rama and Sita play (the cast size can be reduced by doubling up on the lines of the 20)
This script could be put on by two classes:
– One class (younger children?) taking the lines of the 20 children (who have simple one-liners explaining what happens at Divali) and holding up art and craft work they have produced:
*Rangoli patterns and divas, presents, Happy Divali cards, new clothes and jewellery, henna patterns on hands and feet, fireworks, samosas and poppadums.
– One class taking on the ten characters in the Rama and Sita play (with additional supporting roles added e.g. demons and monkeys, if the rest of the class are to be included)
Also available off TES and www.plays-r-ussell.com : Scripts on Gandhi, Indus Valley Civilisation plus another Class Play on India; plus Legends and Myths from Around the World.
Narrator: .......... But enough of this! On with the play! (Pointing to players on stage) Seems like one big happy family (pauses) … or was it?
(All exit apart from King Dasharatha sitting on a chair/throne, clutching his head and moaning)
King Dash.: Oh dear! I’m getting old and life is becoming so difficult! What is a foolish old king, like me, to do?
(Queen Kaikeyi storms onto the stage)
Queen Kaikeyi: (Menacingly) I’ll tell you exactly what a foolish old king like you is to do! (Shouting) Give me your crown! I want it for my son, Bharata!
King Dash.: But what of Rama? My eldest? He was always meant to be king after me!
Queen Kaikeyi: (Laughing contemptuously) Not anymore, he’s not! Not if I have anything to do with it!
King Dash.: But Rama is the rightful heir to the throne. Not Bharata!
Queen Kaikeyi: (Advancing on King, who cowers, covering his head) Aren’t we forgetting something? Just that little matter of you owing me two favours after I saved your life? (Shaking him) Remember?
King Dash.: (Fearfully) As if I could forget!
Queen Kaikeyi: So, dearie. About those two little favours. You’ll be glad to hear I’ve given them some thought
King Dash.: (Sheepishly) Oh wonderful!
Queen Kaikeyi: And this is what I’ve come up with.
King Dash.: (Sarcastically) Can’t wait!
Queen Kaikeyi: One! I want Bharata crowned king! Two! I want your beloved Rama and that lovely wife of his (pauses before shouting) to be banished from this kingdom!
This resource is an interactive, 75 question powerpoint POST Olympic Games and Rio 2016 quiz. The questions mainly focus on Team GB's achievements but the quiz also includes some general questions about the Rio Olympics. There are 3 multiple choice answers. This resource is an ideal back to school activity for use as an assembly, lesson or for tutor group time. Also useful as a PE resource when an active PE lesson is unable to take place.
The quiz can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams.
PLEASE NOTE - THE ANSWERS CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING ON THE 'CITIUS, ALTIUS, FORTIUS' LOGO ON EACH SLIDE.
The images only appear after clicking for the answer. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end.
A question and answer sheet are provided to allow individuals / teams to record their answers.
1. Where did the Rio Opening Ceremony take place?
2. Who was chosen to be GB’s flag bearer at the opening ceremony?
3. How many sports did Team GB win medals in?
4. Who won the first medal for GB?
5. Which team received a standing ovation at the opening ceremony?
6. How many medals did Great Britain win at the Olympics?
7. In which sport did GB win the most medals?
8. Who did Andy Murray defeat in the Men’s Singles Tennis final?
9. Who became GB’s Britain’s most successful female Olympian with a fourth gold medal in Rio?
10. Who was GB’s flag bearer at the closing ceremony?
An accompanying powerpoint assembly / lesson is available to purchase for just £2.50 from https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/inspirational-team-gb-assembly-lesson-presentation-70-slides-11350117
See details below
This resource is a fully editable, colourful and informative powerpoint presentation on Team GB's magnificent performances in the Rio Olympics 2016 - amassing 76 medals and coming second in the medals table ahead of China with a population of more than 1 billion!
It contains information on every medal winner and each slide features an updated medals table.
In order to re-live Team GB's golden moments in Rio 2016, there are hyperlinks to BBC's video footage of every medal winner's performance. (Please note: the links are only accessible in the UK.)
This resource is an ideal 'back to school' assembly or tutor group activity and an inspirational resource for PE teachers.
Students research several areas associated with holidays and festivals celebrated in Spanish speaking countries. The areas are date/s, food, events, music and dance, location, religious celebrations, countries that celebrate the holiday, and history of the holiday.
1. 15 different templates, each with a different holiday and the categories listed previously. This is a fun investigative activity for students that can be completed in Spanish or English.
2. One template without the name of a holiday or festival to give you the option of adding more of either.
3. Page that includes several suggestions for using the materials such as a Foreign Language Week activity, Spanish Club activity, or just a homework assignment, to name a few. This has been used very successfully as a substitute teacher lesson in the computer lab. It's a great research activity for use with iPads or other tablets. The holidays can be researched one at a time over a period of several weeks which makes this a download of 15 assignments, or you can divide and distribute all 15 different templates and have different students working on different countries at the same time.
A fully editable, colourful, informative and interesting 111 slide assembly / lesson PowerPoint for The Queens 90th birthday.
On April 21st, 2016 Queen Elizabeth 11 became the first reigning British monarch to reach the age of 90. Her public birthday will be celebrated from May 12th to May 15th and her ‘official’ birthday celebrations will take place from Friday 10th June until Sunday 12th June.
This resource has been designed specifically for the Queen's birthday and is an ideal assembly / lesson for any time in April, May and June.
This resource includes the following content:-
Her birthdate, birthplace and parentage
Her residencies – Buckingham Palace, Sandringham House, Windsor Castle, Balmoral Castle and Palace of
The Royal Yacht Brittania
Her early life, education, achievements and interests
Her time in the ATS
Her 21st birthday speech declaring the dedication of her life to the Commonwealth (hyperlink to speech)
Her wedding to Prince Philip
The abdication of King Edward VIII and its impact on her future life
Her family – sister Princess Margaret, her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren
Her role and duties as ‘Head of State’, ‘Head of the Commonwealth’ and ‘Head of the Church of England’.
How the Queen spends a typical day
Her interests – riding horses, horse breeding and horse racing, pigeon racing
Her patronage of Charities and organisations
Her Diamond Jubilee
Celebrations for her 90th birthday - Street Party in the Mall, A Pageant, Trooping the Colour, Service of
Images requiring attribution are credited within the PowerPoint itself.
An accompany set of 10 Information sheets and comprehensions is available to purchase for £2.50 from https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/the-queen-s-90th-birthday-ten-information-sheets-and-comprehensions-11249739
This comprehension resource is suitable for Key Stage 2 children and older SEN pupils.
A simplified version of the powerpoint with simple text is available to purchase for £2.99 from https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/the-queen-s-90th-birthday-assembly-lesson-powerpoint-for-key-stage-1-and-sen-pupils-11250257