TWO FULL LESSONS on finding the surfacea area of prisms.
Contents of download:
- Higher ability full lesson (5.2.2h) on surface area of prisms (could be taught over one or two lessons depending on previous knowledge).
- Lower ability full lesson (5.2.2f) on surface area of prisms (to be taught over one or two lessons depending on previous knowledge). Ex5 and Ex6 are a suggested starting point for lesson two.
- Examples (to go with PowerPoint)
- Worksheets with solutions (printed and displayed on PowerPoint).
We are learning about: The surface area of a prism
We are learning to: Calculate the surface area of a prism.
- Developing learners will be able to draw the net of a prism.
- Secure learners will be able to calculate the surface area of a given prism.
- Excelling learners will be able to solve unfamiliar problems using their knowledge of calculating the volume of a prism.
Main: Walkthrough examples followed by practice questions on worksheets. All solutions given on PPT and in worksheet format.