This comprehensive Teacher Pack – Minimalism equips educators with all that’s needed to deliver high-quality learning experiences which unpack the key messages of this powerful documentary film.
Contents (4 digital/editable/printable files ready for immediate download and use):
1. Teacher Guide (22 page .pdf)
• Unit overview
• Inquiry Questions
• Suggested Lesson Outline
• Teacher Answer Guide to Student Booklet
• Persuasive Speaking Assessment information – including colour-coded sample script answer key
• Additional resource/links
2. Student Booklet (19 page - .pdf/.doc formats):
• Pre-viewing activities
• During viewing activities
• Post-viewing activities
• Assessment task - Persuasive Speech:
o Elements of persuasion
o Persuasive language devices
o Structure and features of a persuasive speech
o Sample speech
o Speech script template
o Practising the speech
• Additional resources
3. Minimalism Teaching PowerPoint (23 slide .pptx):
• What is a documentary?
• Pre-viewing, Viewing and Post-viewing resources (including links)
• Prepare and Present a Persuasive Speech
• Take further action (including links)
Unit duration: 14+ lessons (including Persuasive Speaking assessment task)
Suitable for use with students across secondary subject areas, including primarily English, Media Studies, Geography and Humanities/Social Studies.
The film runs for 78 mins and has an official rating as PG13+. Please check your country’s classification for this film prior to use with students.
• Digital/editable/printable files delivered in a single zip file (2 x pdf, 1 x doc, 1 x pptx)
• Professionally designed by an experienced educator
• Highly visual and engaging
• Suited to all learners
• Crisp, clean layouts
• A range of whole class, group work and individual learning resources
Please note: Access to view the film itself requires a Netflix account – www.netflix.com. This is not included in the resource pack.
- $39 for an individual licence (with use strictly limited to the individual purchaser – ie. one teacher/one class)
- $179 for a whole school licence (life-time - unlimited use allowed for all teachers/all classes at purchasing school) - please message me if you are seeking a whole school licence