UPDATED: A FULL LESSON on the circumference of a circle.
Assumed prior knowledge:
- Rounding with significant figures and decimals.
- Simplifying expressions.
We are learning about: The circumference of a circle.
We are learning to: Calculate the circumference of a circle.
- Developing learners will be able to calculate the circumference of a circle given its radius or diameter.
- Secure learners will be able to calculate the diameter or radius of a circle given its circumference.
- Excelling learners will be able to solve unfamiliar problems using their knowledge of calculating the circumference of a circle.
Starter: Labelling a circle - starter activity
- Worked through examples followed by exercises. Calculating the circumference and then again for calculating the diameter.
Plenary: Spot the mistake.
- Examples provided on printable worksheet. Similar to a bookmark shape, the students find it easy to stick this in on the (I use) left side of the page in their books. It saves time from writing down large amounts of text and drawing diagrams. More time to focus on learning!!
- Worksheet with solutions on PPT.
Any feedback is appreciated!
All your resources are fantastic.
All you're resources are really well made and incredibly helpful. Thank you.
A brilliant resource ... thank you!
Yet to use, but looks good .
Using for a GD year 6 Thank you. Very comprehensive.
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.