I am very excited to present this pack! This pack includes a variety of writing templates to accompany the book: The Day that the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt. It contains all the writing ideas and worksheets (50 sheets)that could be imagined for this book. I am not exaggerating. The Sign: ‘Beaming Literacy’ is only there for document protection. It will not be on the ones you download.
Included in this pack are:
- Sheets for the dialogue between a crayon and Duncan. x2 differentiated
- Newspaper article plan
- Newspaper article on a crayon quitting. x2 differentiated
- Different crayon analysis. x2
- Making inferences on the book cover and blurb. x2 differentiated
- Story Map
- Story Mountion
- How crayons are made? pictures x3 sheets
- Writing instructions on how crayons are made. x3 differentiated
- Writing sentences about the crayons.
- Planning for choices, opinions, needs and reasoning. x2 different sheets
- Writing opinions on which colour is liked and why.
- Story Word Mat
- Story plan. One with Beginning, middle and end. x2 differentiated
- Designing and decorating a crayon.
- Book review
- Writing points on how Duncan could stop the crayons from quitting.
- Writing a persuasive letter (stopping the crayons from quitting) in role as Duncan. x2 differentiated
- Responding to the beige crayon’s letter.
- Responding to a crayon’s letter. x2 differentiated
- What could be drawn by using a crayon of your choice.
- Writing about choices. which crayon is chosen and why.
- Crayon refection.
- Character description writing frame. Everything that could be included.
- Character description.
- Crayon on sale.
- Postcard writing.
- Writing crayon thoughts.
- Writing about personal needs. Why do you need the crayon?
- Writing about what the crayon’s need.
- Missing poster. x2 differentiated
- Lost poster. x2 differentiated
- Recalling the story.
- Planning for new item that quits.
- Writing a letter in role as the new item that quitted and why.
- Drawing a picture of the new item.
Thank you for visiting my page.
I hope you enjoy this product as much as I did making it and using it in my classroom!
There are also other resources in my shop. Please do visit.