This is the story of Trixi Triceratops who after an early demise on a sunny Jurassic beach finds a new life 65 million years later as a popular fossil in a museum. This movie describes the formation of fossils in an engaging and informative way and would be useful as an introduction to the topic of fossils for young students or learners of ESL.
The resource contains 11 PDF pages;
1. The movie available on TES as a .m4v file.
2. A PDF worksheet in two parts. The first part is an introduction to the formation of fossils with questions, and the second part contains questions relevant to the video.
3. An answer sheet with teacher instructions for both.
4. A word definitions exercise to accompany the PDF worksheet.
5. A reading and vocabulary review sheet.
6. Short internet based homework task.
All work is my own. All pictures were obtained from Commons sources.