A complete lesson based on the poem ‘The Lake Isle of Innisfree’ by W.B.Yeats. Includes a PPT presentation and comprehension tasks. Also includes guidance for two follow-up writing activities. Ideal for studying classic poetry or contrasting localities A flexible resource with the potential for extension into a short unit of work. Suitable for KS2.
The 11 slide PPT contains:
• The poem with supporting visual images
• Background information about the poet and poem
• Discussion questions
• Details of follow-up activities.
The resource also includes:
• A copy of the poem. Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated worksheets. Worksheet A contains a straightforward literal task and an activity requiring pupils to visualise aspects of the poem. Worksheet B is more challenging and contains questions linked to the author’s opinion and use of language.
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 33%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.