This is an amazing pack for those teaching, studying and learning about the book ‘The Snail and the Whale’ by Julia Donaldson. This pack includes all the resources needed to teach writing an acrostic poem about the humpback whale or the snail. The Sign: ‘Beaming Literacy’ is only there for the document protection. It will not be on the ones you download.
Included in this pack are:
- Humpback whale fact file for children to get ideas to write their poem. They could also see a video of whale online.
- Planning template x2 differentiated
- Learning Objective and sucess criteria
- Acrostic poem template x3 differentiated
- Describing sheet x3
- Planning Example
- Other poem writing example
- Acrostic poem writing examples x5
- Questions to think about-snail and the whale
- Writing sentences about the whale or the snail
- Other whale poetry writing templates x6- snail and the whale
- Humpback whale word mat
- Snail word mat
- Acrostic poem writing checklist
- Student writing example
- Teaching Powerpoint Presentation (ppt)
Thank you for visiting my page.
I hope you enjoy this product as much as I did making it and using it in my classroom!
There are also other resources in my shop. Please do visit.
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 28%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
Bumper Pack The Snail and the Whale More than One Half Term Lessons
This is a complete pack of everything you could teach with the book The Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson. Please check individual packs for more details. Promise you would not regret it. Thank you for visiting Beaming Literature
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.