Put your children in pairs to play the fun spelling game ‘VictoriOUS’. It’s a two player dice game that enables children to learn these four rules for adding the suffix ‘ous’:
- Some root word do not change – just add ‘ous’
- For many root words that end in e, take off the ‘e’ and add ‘ous’
- If the root word ends ‘-ge’, keep the ‘e’ and add ‘ous’
- Change the ‘y’ to an ‘i’ and add ‘ous’
- How about words that can’t have the ‘ous’ suffix?
Peer assessment is built in. Everything that you need is here - just add 1-6 dice!
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 74%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.