The nativity story of the Three Kings / Three Wise Men told through a classic poem. Ideal for exploring the Christmas story, Epiphany and Three Kings Day. The resource contains a complete lesson with PPT presentation and comprehension tasks. It also contains guidance for two follow-up activities with links to literacy and art. A flexible resource with the potential for extension into a short unit of work. Suitable for KS2.
The 22 slide PPT contains:
• The poem with supporting visual images
• Background information about the poet and poem
• Discussion questions
• Details of follow-up activities.
The resource also includes:
• A copy of the poem. Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated reading comprehension worksheets. Worksheet A contains a straightforward literal task and an activity requiring pupils to visualise aspects of the poem. Worksheet B is more challenging and contains tasks requiring pupils to provide evidence and express opinion.