Spelling strategy includes letter containing -tion words for students to read and highlight. This is followed by students investigations and finally writing their own letters including the -tion words.
These resources encourage the reading of words containing the 'tion' sound in a fun way. Travel along the train tracks and through the station in an attempt to collect the eight word cards needed to win.
There are also separate word cards which could be used as flash cards, or print two copies and use them to play a pairs game. These resources are ideal for KS1.
Black and white copies of both the resources are also available to help keep printing costs down.
Tion Word Work Activities
This resource packet has everything you need to teach the “shun” sound –tion.
There is a presentation to help develop the identification and use of the sound. This is great to reinforce the phonics skills.
Student activities included:
• Vocabulary Matching
• Word Search
Unit 2: Module 19 (Based on Year 2 curriculum)
Spelling activity pack for words that end with TION as in 'station'.
Packed with spelling activities!
- 2 powerpoint files. Every spelling is on an individual slide for class spelling activities (24 words)
- 4 Monster Sentence sheets. These include each spelling outlined in print and in cursive for students to practise their handwriting. Each spelling can then be written as a sentence (which can be silly/crazy/happy etc.). Colour and black & white versions of each sheet are provided.
- 2 word searches to consolidate learning. One for each set of spellings (and a solution sheet).
- 2 crosswords on powerpoint for class/group challenges (or print them off for small group/paired work)
- High quality flashcard for every spelling
- Spelling Master worksheets. Ideal for parents. Look at the word, cover it then write it in lowercase and uppercase and draw a doodle to represent the word.
- Scrambled Spellings. Try to match the scrambled words with the spellings at the top of the sheet.
- 2 certificates (Spelling Star and Writing Star).
- Plain text file with every word (use this to easily copy and paste words for your own purposes).
Also includes lots of monsters :)
Black & white versions of the sentence sheets are included for easy copying or laminate the colour versions and use with wipeable pens for students to practise their handwriting and sentence writing with the different spellings.
The words are taken from the Children's Printed Word Database featuring the words most commonly found in children's books during the first years of school.
Monstrously exciting SPaG resources to keep the creativity in spelling, grammar and writing activities.
More SPaG and creative writing resources are available from my shop. Feedback and suggestions are welcome. If you spot a mistake or can suggest an improvement please let me know and I'll update resources as quickly as possible. Follow me for future updates.
Letters & Sounds Phase 3: Vowel graphemes - Geraldine Giraffe helps introduce the OO digraph (the long sound, as in choose), by finding words that include that sound. One of a series of engaging TES videos learning letter sounds and digraphs.
Letters & Sounds Phase 3: Vowel graphemes - Geraldine Giraffe helps introduce the OW digraph by finding words that include that sound. One of a series of engaging TES videos learning letter sounds and digraphs.
Make teaching spelling easier! A comprehensive resource bank for spelling activities - looking at a range of spelling strategies including rules, phonics, syllables, spelling in context, suffixes, contractions and manipulating words.
Presented using SMARTBoard, these slides are fully editable if needed and are excellent for revision as well as quality first teaching.
This colourful resource is a detailed introduction to teaching split digraphs.
There are 5 PowerPoint Presentations - which includes whole class activities.
Each presentation focuses on a-e, e-e, i-e, o-e and u-e split digraphs.
The phonic pack also contains:
- 5 lesson plans - slides are referred to in the plans - includes objectives and key questions.
- Differentiated activities - filling in split digraph letters, write sentences, word searches, correcting misspelt words (highlighted), e.g. hoem, tiem.
- Solution to the word searches
- Practical activities making split digraph words on laminated strips.
- Split digraph strips, letters a-z, consonant digraphs and consonant blends - to be laminated and cut out.
- Flashcards for teaching
- Teacher's Notes
Goes well with:
Images: www.clker.com, Microsoft clipart
File type: Word format