Using the Apostrophe
This English teaching resource explains how to use the apostrophe for omission or to show possession and covers many of the curriculum objectives outlined in the English programme of study. ‘Using the Apostrophe’ is a ten slide PowerPoint presentation that includes:
- Apostrophe for possession - definitions and examples.
- Apostrophe for omission - definitions and examples.
- Consolidation of understanding activity.
- Assessment task (with peer assessment opportunities)
- Two accompanying worksheets
‘Using the Apostrophe’ is fully editable allowing teachers to adapt the resource to suit the needs of each class they teach.