Music Composition Elementary – Middle - High
2 - 3 lessons
Students will compose a piece of music using basic variation form techniques. They will select a simple, well-known melody and create 3 to 4 variations, and practice and perform the composition.
Within 2-3 lessons, students will compose a piece of music using basic variation techniques. In the process the student will:
• Explore and analyze pitch and rhythm
• Explore and analyze formal structure
• Learn and memorize through practice to write a rhythmic and/or melodic motif and develop a motif
• Learn, review and practice basic compositional techniques such as repetition, sequence and/or fragmentation to create
• Analyze the character and mood changes particular variations techniques lend to a piece
• Explore variation form as a basic technique of extending a composition
• Acquire, review or practice basic staff notation
• Accompaniment style
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.