TWO FULL LESSONS on finding the volume of prisms.
Contents of download:
- Higher ability full lesson (5.2.1h) on volume of prisms (could be taught over one or two lessons depending on previous knowledge).
- Lower ability full lesson (5.2.1f) on volume of prisms (to be taught over one or two lessons depending on previous knowledge). Ex4 and Ex5 are a suggested starting point for lesson two.
- Examples (to go with PowerPoint)
- Worksheets with solutions (printed and displayed on PowerPoint).
We are learning about: The volume of a prism
We are learning to: Calculate the volume of a prism.
- Developing learners will be able to calculate the volume of a prism.
- Secure learners will be able to find the missing length of a prism given its volume and cross-section.
- Excelling learners will be able to solve unfamiliar problems using their knowledge of calculating the volume of a prism.
Main: Walkthrough examples followed by practice questions on worksheets. All solutions given on PPT and in worksheet format.
Very high quality - thank for you sharing
Thanks so much. Great resource.
Thank you for sharing - I will be adapting for a lower ability group but looks extremely well set out.
This is brilliant. You really saved me 1.5 hours worth of work. The only adaptation is that I included a table for working out the mean so that it was consistent to the approach I used. Really great resources!!!
What a brilliant resource - fantastic to find forming algebraic expressions mixed into these volume questions to push my group on. Thank you for sharing!
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.