TWO FULL LESSONS on finding the volume of prisms.
Contents of download:
- Higher ability full lesson (5.2.1h) on volume of prisms (could be taught over one or two lessons depending on previous knowledge).
- Lower ability full lesson (5.2.1f) on volume of prisms (to be taught over one or two lessons depending on previous knowledge). Ex4 and Ex5 are a suggested starting point for lesson two.
- Examples (to go with PowerPoint)
- Worksheets with solutions (printed and displayed on PowerPoint).
We are learning about: The volume of a prism
We are learning to: Calculate the volume of a prism.
- Developing learners will be able to calculate the volume of a prism.
- Secure learners will be able to find the missing length of a prism given its volume and cross-section.
- Excelling learners will be able to solve unfamiliar problems using their knowledge of calculating the volume of a prism.
Main: Walkthrough examples followed by practice questions on worksheets. All solutions given on PPT and in worksheet format.