2 x Lessons - Voting, Elections and Political Participation - GCSE Citizenship 9-1
NEW GCSE Citizenship (9-1) (Great topic to teach students in preparing them for the upcoming 2019 General Election on December 12th)
- Secure: To understand how to cast a vote in a general election
- Extended: To identify the different methods of voting, types of elections and how the voting franchise has been extended
- Advanced: To evaluate whether the voting age in the UK should be lowered to 16
This resource contains:
- 1 x PowerPoint with 28 slides for a double lesson 120 min - Elections, voting and politics
- 2 x Differentiated exam practice sheets
- These PowerPoint and PDF resources can be used to cover the GCSE Citizenship topic Voting, elections and political participation.
This lesson material is designed to be used for between two and three teaching periods and includes; activities, challenging and thoughtful questions, student hand-out (for use during lesson or as a homework), embedded URL links (where appropriate), differentiated tasks and, all relevant information to help students learn about issues relating to the topic.
AQA Specification covered is: Theme 3 Politics and Participation
Edexcel Specification covered is: Theme B Democracy at work in the UK
OCR Specification covered is: Section 2 Democracy and Government
You may also want to check out our very popular GCSE Citizenship 9-1 Lessons, Assessments, Revision Guides, Trackers and Work Booklets.