These Whakatauki puzzles involve students converting Maori proverbs from English to Te Reo using a cryptogram.
This resource is perfect for a Waitangi Day activity, Maori Language Week, or for your day to day Te Reo teaching in a Bi-Lingual, Full Immersion or normal primary class.
Included in this pack are the following Whakatauki-Maori Proverbs:
- Pursue excellence – should you stumble, let it be to a lofty mountain.
- My language is my awakening, my language is the window to my soul.
- Goodwill towards others is a precious treasure.
- With your food basket and my food basket the people will thrive.
- What is the most important thing in the world? It is people! It is people! It is people!
- What is the food of the leader. It is knowledge. It is communication.
Please remember to follow me