Ready and Work is a thematic unit that provides your teaching with a set of readings passages and worksheets. This set is related to WATER and WATER CYCLE.
READING PASSAGES (The reading passages come in both versions: color and b&w)
1. What is water? (this text gives a brief and simple description)
2. Water in our Bodies. (the importance of water in our bodies)
3. Water States. (the 3 states of water)
4. Water facts.
5. Water Cycle Description. (a general description of the water cycle)
6. Precipitation and Infiltration. (a brief description)
7. Runoff and Evaporation. (a brief description)
8. Condensation and Collection. (a brief description)
1. Water Everywhere!!! – Draw and write things that contain water.
2. Writing Sheet – Why is water important to life? Explain
3. ABC order – order words related to water alphabetically, such as ocean, river, lake, stream, etc.
4. Water and Air – Students have to classify different situations related to water or air. For example: kite in the sky (air), washing hands (water)
5. Complete a bubble map with words related water.
6. Complete a KWL chart related to water.
7. Complete a facts chart with data about water.
8. Complete a Venn diagram to compare and contrast clean water with polluted water.
9. Water in the world! (2 parts) A multiple choice activity to check knowledge about water in the world: the greatest fresh water reserve in South America, the highest waterfall, the longest river in England, etc.
10. Water Cycle Description – label the words to the pictures related to the different processes of the water cycle.
11. Writing Sheets – there will be 6 sheets to write the different processes of the water cycle (precipitation, infiltration, runoff, evaporation, condensation and collection) and 1 sheet to write a summary explaining the water cycle.