• Two cover pages- one in color and one in grayscale
• 32 Vocabulary Words related to the Westward Expansion. Templates are provided to define the word and illustrate the word. (a blank template is also provided for you to add any additional vocabulary words that you would like to add to provided scaffolding for students who need it).
• A Westward Expansion “Timeline” Chart- Students will develop a chart to write about the key events of Westward Expansion. A list of suggested topics precedes the timeline for you and/or your students to use. This is a guide of ideas. Please add or delete as needed based on the research your students conduct. Students will list the date(s), event, and a short description. Students will use as many pages as needed.
• 26 Text dependent questions with a full page for response
• Critical Thinking Activities and Questions- Essential questions and application activities to demonstrate comprehension of western expansion at higher levels of thinking
• Graphic Organizer to organize information for biographies on key people associated with the Westward Expansion
• A one page “biography” for the 31 key people related to Westward Expansion. Pick and choose the people you’d like your students to study. People included are: Daniel Boone, Jedediah Smith, Robert Fulton, Red Jacket, Abraham Lincoln, Daniel Drake, Mike Fink, John Chapman, Paul Bunyan, Thomas Jefferson, Napoleon Bonaparte, Francis Scott Key, Meriwether Lewis, William Clark, York, Tecumseh, Andrew Jackson, John Marshall, Stephen Austin, Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, John Tyler, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, James K. Polk, John Sutter, Frederick Douglass, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, James Madison, Dolly Madison, Sacagawea, Harriet Tubman, Susan B. Anthony
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.