A resource with web links to over 150 pages of spelling worksheets and advice from an experienced English teacher and examiner. Topics include syllables, prefixes, suffixes, plurals, consonant blends, apostrophes, vowels, magic e, word games, quizzes, interactive hangman, word searches, crossword puzzles. I would very much welcome feedback. There was a problem with the link to the site at the end of June 2014, hence the three negative comments about being redirected to a financial site. This has since been fixed.
A web resource with links to a collection of 17 wordsearches, each covering a specific spelling pattern. The site contains a large number of other printable worksheets and activities for the teaching of spelling.
This resource contains a set of 8 posters showing the rules for making nouns plural and colourful examples. Two sets are available - one set is on a black background, the other on white.
Rules include those for
- regular nouns - adding 's'
- nouns ending in 'ch' , 'sh', 'x' and 's'
- nouns ending in 'f' and 'fe' - change 'f' to 'v' and add 'es'
- nouns ending in 'y' preceded by consonant - change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'
- nouns ending in 'o' adding 's' or 'es'
- irregular pupils ie goose - geese, foot - feet, ox - oxen, fish - fish, deer - deer etc
Appropriate for primary aged pupils and older SEND students.
Images courtesy of openclipart.org and clipartlord.com
Cake images from focaclipart.wordpress.com
Resources included are as follows:
49 PDF or PPT files for you to print.
A range of alphabet flashcards – some plain, some patterned, some small, medium and large, several sets of character flashcards, A4 alphabet poster, Table top line, table mats to draw and colour, table mats with famous characters, Large set of letter A4 size flashcards with pictures, another set without pictures, A4 star shaped posters each with a different letter on, Mini pencils with letters on 8 per A4 page, 130 word cards – 5 for each letter of the alphabet
Alphabet bunting with pictures, another set of alphabet buntings with different patterns on each,
Alphabet mini cards to make words or sort into order, small set of cards for one to one work,
Bingo game with boards and selection cards, 2 sets of loop cards, Alphabet fans, alphabet game, Alliteration cards, handwriting cards showing how each letter is written,
Letter stencils, lucky dip game, play doh activity, certificate, badges, sack tag, folder cover, patterned display border, backing paper to print if needed,
Word and picture cards for simple words, odd one out posters for each letter of the alphabet, word cards with missing words and matching cards, 26 letter handwriting sheets, 26 word writing worksheets, writing booklet cover, lined paper with pink borders, plain paper with borders, long banner and large letters to head wall display
Resources included are as follows:
PDF OR PPT files for you to print. You could also use them on the IWB.
Over 60 colourful A5 word cards, each with a word missing and pictures for pupils to fill in the initial sound for each picture to spell the word.
All the words included are the ones listed in the National Curriculum for Year 2 exception words.
A file with answers is included for if needed.
Great for independent learning task, for work in groups, or as a whole class.
Suitable for Year 2 or catch up for struggling pupils. Also useful for children with special needs.
This resource contains
1. A highly visual, interactive and fully editable 24 slide PowerPoint lesson on the National Curriculum Year 2 Homophone / Near Homophones their / there / they're. There are two versions. One with a female presenter and one with a male presenter. The resource explains the meaning of the homophones - their, there and they're - and explains when they are used with examples. Opportunities are also provided for pupils to choose the correct homophone.
2. An information sheet that explains the meaning of the homophones - their, there and they're - and when they are used with examples.
3. 4 worksheets in which pupils have to select / compose sentences using the correct their / there / they're homophones. The worksheets are available in both pdf and word formats to allow editing and personalisation of worksheets.
Appropriate for year 2 pupils and older SEND students.
All images courtesy of openclipart.org