A free resource which I think History teachers will find helpful.
I created this booklet to assess 10 history students conducting a historical inquiry into World War Two (they had a choice of four topics). This was delivered in a school where each student had a laptop so was designed to be completed electronically however, more room to write could be added if you want to use it as a hard copy booklet.
If you use it, and like it, please come and give me a positive star rating / review . Constructive criticism is also appreciated.
This booklet contains:
• four suggested topics with sub points that the students must address
• a graphic organiser (table) for students to write their research questions in
• a place for students to reflect on their questions and justify any modifications they make during the research process
• tips for locating sources and a graphic organiser where students can organise their research
• checking for understanding questions which prompt students to consider what they will include in their second assessment (essay)
• a place for them to evaluate their sources using the RESEARCH acronym
• a paragraph writing scaffold (for students who are not confident to begin writing on their own)
• tips for how to reference different types of sources