This shape assessment is for year 2. It covers:
- Identifying and describing 2D shapes (sides and corners)
- Identifying and describing 3D shapes (faces, edges and vertices)
- Identifying 2D shapes on the surface of 3D shapes
- Sorting everyday items into 2D and 3D shapes
- Identifying what 2D and 3D shapes everyday items are
There is a checklist for teacher or child to tick what they can do. I also highlight each one the child meets to make it stand out. It is an assessment scored out of 18. It is great way to check where the child is and see who needs intervention work on shapes.