Anglican International School Jerusalem
About Anglican International School Jerusalem
‘Founded in 1962, and based on Christian values, the school fosters understanding and reconciliation, welcoming students of all faiths or none’.
The Anglican International School Jerusalem offers a unique experience to young people where students find themselves in a safe, happy and caring environment where a deep mutual respect and a love of learning lie at the heart of all we do.
AISJ is owned and operated by CMJ-Israel (the Church's Ministry to the Jewish People), a charitable trust or “amutah” registered with the government of Israel. AISJ is authorised by the International Baccalaureate Organization and is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, USA. The Elementary School (Early years – P5) follows the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). The Secondary School follows the MYP (Middle Years Programme for G6-10) and the IBDP (International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme for G11 12).
The school is inclusive and takes children of all abilities. International students from AISJ have been admitted to the most prestigious universities in Europe and the USA (Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, Yale, New York, Harvard, & St. Andrews). Local students have been admitted to the Hebrew University and Haifa Technion. We take pride in the different intelligences of ALL our students and we are confident that at AISJ they are fully equipped to make their contribution to the world as responsible global citizens.
The Anglican International School, Jerusalem, is an internationally accredited, pre-school to Grade 12 (ages 2-18) school. It is dedicated to preparing students to succeed throughout the world, in schools, universities, future responsibilities and careers, and it is founded upon Christian beliefs and values.
MISSION & BELIEFS
AISJ's mission is to create a student-focused academic and educational environment which aspires to achieve excellence. It promotes Christian beliefs and values whilst respecting the rich and diverse communities within the school and in its unique location. Its goal is to empower all students to become responsible world citizens.
WITHIN AISJ, we believe that:
• Each member of the community should be valued as a uniquely created individual.
• Students should be encouraged and enabled to realise their own full potential.
• Our school environment must enable the whole being spiritual, moral, emotional, intellectual, social and physical -
to be nurtured and developed.
• Mutual respect and appreciation flow from a fostering of attitudes of honesty, integrity, care and social responsibility.
• The international nature of our community enhances the learning experiences and social interactions of our
students, staff and families.
• Parental support and involvement are vital to the realisation of a shared community vision.
• Effective learning is achieved through stimulating students' curiosity, creativity and enthusiasm.
• A spirit of co-operation, coupled with the development of individual study skills, self-discipline, and analytical
thinking will equip our students for present and future learning.
• The Judaeo-Christian scriptures are the source for the school’s framework of Christian beliefs and values.