Arthur Mellows Village College
Peterborough, United Kingdom
About Arthur Mellows Village College
At Arthur Mellows we pride ourselves on being a high performing comprehensive school: a school which also establishes a caring, secure and stimulating Community College ethos that meets the needs of children. This is achieved with an excellent dedicated staff body.
In September 2010 the College became one of the new ‘Academy’ schools as a result of a direct invitation from the Department for Education due to our ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted status. This Academy status provides greater freedom to help the school innovate and enhance the performance of the young people in our care.
Our priority is to develop the full potential of all our students. We pursue high standards and foster a spirit of critical inquiry: both essential for providing students access to the knowledge, skills and values they need in order for them to take their place successfully in society. We offer excellent educational opportunities through the high quality of our teachers, our curriculum and our resources.
Our last Ofsted inspection recognised the College as ‘Outstanding’ for the second time; the highest accolade that can be achieved.
Key points from this inspection are as follows:
- “Students’ behaviour is excellent” “Excellent relationships with their teachers mean the atmosphere within lessons is purposeful and positive”
- “The school’s work to keep students safe and secure is outstanding”
- “Constant improvement provides students with outstanding opportunities to learn”
- “Students are unreservedly proud of their school”
- “One student explained – Aiming high and trying your best is what this school is about”
- “Determination to succeed is widespread”
It is important to us in all of this, to develop students’ sense of self-discipline and responsibility and to encourage their tolerance, understanding of and respect for others.
The College also places special value on developing a partnership with parents which will support students in gaining the best possible education.
The College prospectus is available on the website for further information. We welcome visits from prospective applicants, come and meet the staff you could be working with, arrangements can be made by contacting Sarah Cooper on 01733 252235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org