Aureus Primary School
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
About Aureus Primary School
Welcome to Aureus Primary School, a beautiful state of the art primary school in Didcot which opened in September 2018. We are part of the newly forming but strongly knit local community of Great Western Park, Didcot.
I am delighted to lead Aureus Primary as it is a very special thing for any child, family or member of the school staff to be a part of the very beginning of the history of a new school.
As a GLF Academy school, we are wholly committed to ensuring the highest standard of education and provision for our children.
Our ethos is that of excellence. We aspire to achieve excellence in all that we do, in so doing our children are happy, well-rounded and able to enjoy the successes of life. An important part of excellence is being able to celebrate it and so incentives and rewards are particularly prominent in our approach to education. Parents and pupils are very proud of Aureus Primary. They have high levels of enthusiasm and an unwavering quest for emotional, social, academic, sporting and artistic success and enjoyment.
Our staff are dedicated and committed to providing an engaging and inclusive curriculum for all our pupils, thus providing all the necessary ingredients to ensure success and progress for everyone. We believe that children have the right to access a curriculum designed around their specific needs and that takes their local surroundings into account. We could not be luckier! Our local area is has an abundance of STEM facilities and careers: Harwell Science and Technology Laboratories, Rutherton Appleford Laboratories, UTC and Williams F1 but to name a few! We are therefore very proud to offer a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
Oxfordshire County Council designed and built our beautiful new school which is two form entry with a nursery, and will have a maximum capacity of 420 pupils when full.
Please take a few minutes to watch the video made by our Year 3 pupils to give you a flavour for the school.
Head Of School
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model