Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich
Southwark, United Kingdom
About Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich
Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2014, as a new two form entry Academy. As of September 2016, the school is based in a brand new building on Lordship Lane, on the old site of the East Dulwich Police Station - a bright, modern and welcoming place for children and a fantastic location for existing and future staff in the heart of East Dulwich. We provide a happy, caring and supportive environment, and an exciting, broad and balanced curriculum.
Although we are a small school, we are part of the wider Harris Federation, which has an established track record in Southwark. We are able to draw upon expertise from within the Harris Federation to work alongside our own staff to support us in our drive to continually improve.
At Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich we have high aspirations and ambitions for our children and there is a driving determination to ensure that all pupils and adults reach their full potential.
Our Academy aims to:
• Ensure that we inspire in all pupils, a love of learning and the desire to continue to learn;
• Ensure that all pupils have an equal opportunity to take part in the life and work of the Academy and the wider community;
• Provide a safe, welcoming and stimulating environment where children enjoy learning and playing;
• Provide a rich, balanced and varied curriculum;
• Provide high standards of teaching in all subjects;
• Equip all pupils with the learning habits and self-confidence necessary to constructively influence their own lives;
• Enable pupils to learn from each other;
• Promote creativity and independence;
• Develop learning skills by encouraging a sense of curiosity, open-mindedness, perseverance, objectivity, reflection and critical thinking;
• Nurture pupil diversity emphasising individual talents in a wide range of fields;
• Develop values and opinions within the context of mutual respect and understanding of differing belief systems and cultures within our community;
• Be a place that every child remembers with affection.
We highly value:
• The way in which all children are unique;
• A working partnership with parents and families;
• The spiritual and moral development of each pupil, as well as their intellectual and physical growth;
• The importance of each person in our community; and
• Our environment.