Langley Grammar School
Slough, United Kingdom
About Langley Grammar School
Langley Grammar School is an innovative and forward-thinking selective school, committed to developing able students into well-rounded, confident and successful young men and women.
- an Outstanding school, currently exempt from routine Ofsted inspection
- a Leading Edge school working with SSAT
- recognised for our use of iPads for learning as an Apple Distinguished School
- accredited by SSAT as transformational in the variety of our teaching practices
- graded by ALPS in the top 10% of schools for value added at A Level
We are privileged to work with able students who have the potential to be in significant positions of influence and leadership in the future.
- We encourage our students to discover their own talents, to be confident of their abilities and to follow their passions across academic subjects, in sports and the arts.
- We support our students in developing themselves as innovative, effective and independent learners with high-level skills, willing to think in new ways, solve new problems and create new opportunities for the future.
- We help our students build up a set of sound values so that they have the strength of character, moral integrity and resilience to deal with the challenges they will face, and the motivation and willingness to work hard to achieve their ambitions.
In addition to helping them gain excellent examination results we support our students to become young people who are:
- Confident and well-rounded
- Independent and creative
- Responsible and caring
We can offer you...
- the opportunity to work with able and well motivated young people
- dedicated, innovative and supportive colleagues
- excellent induction and CPD opportunities
- strong support for trainee teachers and NQTs
- structured professional review and pay progression framework
- onsite parking and use of sports facilities
- additional benefits including Teachers' Pension scheme, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
Langley and the local area...
Langley forms the eastern part of the Borough of Slough and offers easy access to Windsor, south Buckinghamshire and west London. The school is 5 minutes from Junction 4 of the M4, with good transport links. Langley station is 10-15 mins walk, and offers a half-hourly service into London Paddington.
Slough itself is a thriving multicultural town with rapidly developing facilities including the new Crossrail link to London. In September 2017, Slough came top in a survey of the 25 best towns and cities to live and work in, beating Manchester and Cambridge in the top three. It is hailed as a "prime spot" for jobs, cost of living and worker satisfaction in research by jobs site Glassdoor.
For further information please visit our website at www.lgs.slough.sch.uk