Lekki British School
About Lekki British School
LBIHS is a leading independent school for boys and girls aged 11 to 18. Founded in September 2000, it is a British curriculum day boarding school situated on extensive grounds in a tranquil area of Lekki Peninsula Phase One.
We believe that every one of our pupils is entitled to the highest possible standards of broad educational provision within a caring, supportive and secure atmosphere where they are actively encouraged to achieve their full potential.
The school is founded on balanced religious tenets and principles and pupils of all religions are freely admitted.
Lekki British International High School generally follows the National Curriculum that is compulsory in government schools in England.
At LBIHS, we aim to enable our pupils to become confident, independent and well-informed young adults, prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities of our changing society. These aims are achieved through the following objectives:
1. Meeting the educational needs of every pupil at LBIHS by:
(a) providing equality of access to the curriculum, enabling pupils to develop academic, experimental, creative and
social skills; and
(b) ensuring the aesthetic, intellectual, spiritual and physical development of every pupil in order that he or she can
go on to lead a full and active life.
2. Creating a challenging environment that stimulates intellectual curiosity and encourages a love of learning.
3. Encouraging social and cultural awareness to help pupils understand, and meet with confidence, the challenges
of a changing society and the world of work.
4. Encouraging pupils and staff to develop an understanding of, and respect for, themselves and each other.
5. Developing confidence and self-esteem in pupils.
6. Developing positive relationships with parents and the wider community.
7. Implementing policies that ensure that all members of the school are valued equally.