Redbridge, United Kingdom
About Mayfield School
Mayfield is a truly inclusive school where, despite its large size, every single student is genuinely valued and seen as an important member of our diverse community. I am proud to say that our diversity is one of our strengths and is actively celebrated. Indeed, I can confidently describe our community as a family.
At Mayfield School, we support and challenge one another to be the best we can be. This will look differently to each one of us in our community which is why we work tirelessly with every single student so they can benefit fully from the opportunities we have on offer. As part of their learning journey here we have an exciting curriculum with a broad range of subjects and qualifications alongside opportunities through enrichment, trips, visits and experiences which equip students with the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to succeed.
Our expectations of one another are high. We model respect, responsibility and professionalism to underpin our every word and action. At the same time, we strive to be open-minded, passionate, curious and independent learners. This is because we know that these attributes help us make the most of our time together and enable students to become happy, confident well-rounded individuals who can contribute actively and positively to the community we serve and to wider society.
I would love to show you our wonderful school in person. If you wish to visit us, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you would like to find out more about Mayfield School and see us in action as we make every minute count. In the meantime, I hope you find our website useful and that it reflects Mayfield School as I have described.
What can Mayfield offer you?
- Superb professional development to ensure you become the very BEST teacher you can be.
- Support to develop your subject knowledge and teaching expertise through collaboration with peers in your team and across the school.
- Encouragement to engage with external partners such as exam boards and our Teaching Alliance colleagues to broaden your expertise.
- Faculty-led, subject-specific CPD facilitating subject teachers consistently working together to develop resources, share ideas and sharpen their practice.
- A range of optional opportunities which allows you to collaborate with colleagues across the school in areas of interest, for example, the discussion of the latest research or sharing new ideas.