Prior Pursglove and Stockton Sixth Form College
Redcar and Cleveland, United Kingdom
About Prior Pursglove and Stockton Sixth Form College
Prior Pursglove and Stockton Sixth Form College became the first merged sixth form college in 18 years when it was incorporated in May 2016. The result of a long and rewarding partnership between two thriving institutions, staff teams at both Prior Pursglove College and Stockton Sixth Form College are now working together in their joint vision to provide high quality learning across a wide range of subjects in caring and inclusive environments.
The ground-breaking decision to merge two colleges, valued in their local communities, served to strengthen and secure sixth from college provision in the respective boroughs of Redcar and Cleveland and Stockton-on-Tees for the longer term. Leaders and Chairs sought a pioneering approach to create a sustainable institution across two centres, better placed to meet students’ needs and provide excellence and innovation in learning. Both of the predecessor colleges have an Ofsted ‘Good’ rating and we are actively pursuing an ‘Outstanding’ judgement for the merged college.
Prior Pursglove and Stockton Sixth Form College benefits from shared leadership (Principal Joanna Bailey), (Deputy Principal Asma Shaffi), an extended network of senior managers on each site and a shared support team.
Outstanding education and progression post-16 across the Tees Valley.
• Inclusivity and equality
• High standards, high expectations
• Collaboration with schools, employers and communities
• Respect for self and others
• Safety, welfare and support for all
• Successful outcomes and personal development.
1. Deliver consistent excellence in teaching, learning and assessment
2. Achieve outstanding outcomes
3. Extend our commitment to inclusivity, care and support
4. Increase student numbers by promoting our inclusive offer and ethos
5. Achieve and maintain excellent financial health and efficiency.
Our strategic objectives and actions are underpinned by a commitment from managers, leaders and governors to communicate and embody the shared mission, vision and values of the new college; to align systems, calendars, policies, procedures as appropriate; to facilitate cross-site communication and to instil accountability for whole college performance at all levels of the organisation.