St Martin's School
Essex, United Kingdom
About St Martin's School
St Martin’s is an over-subscribed, friendly, co-educational, fully comprehensive school located in Hutton, Brentwood. We are a 10 minute walk from Shenfield station which can take you into Liverpool Street in 20 minutes. Brentwood town centre is 10 minutes away, with a bustling high street and lively nightlife. The school is on one site with extensive grounds which also includes a large sixth form block. Our ethos is a non-bureaucratic approach to all aspects of school life, while maintaining a relentless focus on learning and teaching, to ensure outstanding achievement for our students. Our examination results for 2019 can be seen HERE. Work-life balance is of the upmost importance to us; morning briefing for all staff is held weekly with no more than one whole staff meeting in each half-term. 95% of our staff say they are happy to work here. Our behaviour policy, Discipline with Dignity, is built on mutual respect and rules that must make sense. Attitude to learning scores across all our students are very good to excellent. 96% of parents say they are happy to send their students to St Martin's.
Benefits of working at St Martin's.
- Free on-site parking
- All buildings located on one site
- Subsidised staff accommodation
- Hot and cold food available during the school day at cost price
- Coffee shop located in sixth form block
- Cycle to work scheme
- Two weeks' paternity leave at full pay
- All inset completed as twilight sessions, shortening the summer term
- Personalised CPD calendar, all sessions chosen by the employee
- Maximum of six staff meetings in any academic year.
- Paid leave for celebrations for staff with excellent attendance
- Talent Management Programme for outstanding new teachers
- Free option choice at GCSE
- Vibrant, diverse and inclusive sixth form, where students go on to study everything from medicine at Oxbridge to a modern apprenticeship
- NQTs are supported by a subject mentor and led by a member of the senior team
If we sound like a school you would like to work at then please apply to join us. We look forward to meeting you!
At St Martin's Sixth Form I have made a great group of friends. The teachers and staff are friendly, helpful and passionate about their subjects and encourage you to explore and develop your studies.- Year 13 student
“Students’ attitudes to learning are excellent. They come to school ready to learn and take a full and active role in the life of the school.”- OFSTED 2013