The Cotswold School
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
About The Cotswold School
The Cotswold School is based in the stunning village of Bourton-on-the-Water, Gloucestershire and an outstanding reputation, as
a highly popular, happy and successful 11-18 comprehensive school.
Set in over 30 acres of beautiful surroundings between Cheltenham and Oxford, the School has an incredible group of staff and
governors who go that extra mile to provide students with an inspiring education - fully equipping them for their future lives. Our
values of “friendship and knowledge”, symbolised on our badge, underpin all our activities across a broad spectrum of subjects
and extra curricula offerings. Our mission - ‘the pursuit of academic excellence and individual achievement within a caring
community’ is evident the minute you walk through our door.
The excellence of teaching and support has led to the School’s many awards, accolades and achievements, recognised both locally and nationally as:
- Ofsted Outstanding School 2014/2015
- In 2018, the examination results achieved by students at The Cotswold School were once again Outstanding
- At A Level over one-third of all grades awarded at A* or A, and two-thirds of all A Level grades awarded at A*, A, or B.
- Fourteen Cotswold School students (12% of the cohort) achieved an impressive three or more A* or A grades.
- At GCSE Level 84% of students achieved the benchmark of five or more 9-4 grades, 10% of students received 9-7 grades in all their subjects, 33% of grades are 9-7. In addition, 53% of students achieved the EBacc Award.
- The Sunday Times Comprehensive School 2015-2016 based on A*/A grades at GCSE and A*-B at A Level
- 21 students have received Oxbridge offers in the past 5 years
- A new bespoke Sixth Form Building was officially opened in early 2018
- The Cotswold School is a National Teaching School designated by National College for Teaching & Leadership
I wanted to say thank you to you, your colleagues and your terrific choir for the contribution that you all made to the performance of my piece on Saturday night. I think it was incredibly impressive to have such a large choir from the school and one that not only sang so well but also presented itself in such a professional and committed way.- The Cotswold School Chamber Choir, the British Choral Composer Mr Bob Chilcott
Students flourish in this outstanding and truly exceptional School’- Ofsted 2015
Opportunities are made available for all to flourish and achieve- Ofsted 2015
Students are well prepared for life in Modern Britain- Ofsted 2015
Every category and sub-category judged as ‘Outstanding’- Ofsted 2015