The Cotswold School
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
About The Cotswold School
The Cotswold School is based in the stunning village of Bourton-on-the-Water, Gloucestershire and has an outstanding reputation, as a highly popular, happy and successful 11-18 comprehensive school.
Set in over 30 acres of beautiful surroundings between Cheltenham and Oxford, the School has an incredible group of staff and governors who go that extra mile to provide students with an inspiring education - fully equipping them for their future lives. Our values of “friendship and knowledge”, symbolised on our badge, underpin all our activities across a broad spectrum of subjects and extra curricula offerings. Our mission - ‘the pursuit of academic excellence and individual achievement within a caring community’ is evident the minute you walk through our door.
The Cotswold School is in the top 30 non-selective co-educational secondary schools across every region in the UK, 2020, according to the Sunday Times ‘Parent Power’ survey, 2020. The school is the second-ranked comprehensive in the South West region, according to the same report.
The top comprehensive secondary school in Gloucestershire
The Times Secondary School League Tables, 2019
“We believe each individual can achieve and should have an opportunity to do so and I am delighted for so many students who have shown real resilience and sheer hard work to gain well deserved and outstanding awards. Our results truly reflect our school-wide commitment to teaching and learning excellence and our dedication to the individual.”
Will Morgan, Principal
The Cotswold School provides an outstanding education:
- Rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in four consecutive inspections.
- A National Teaching School designated by The National College for Teaching & Leadership
- Awarded the International Schools Award 2019-22 by The British Council
- Membership of the National Association for Able Children in Education (NACE), which benefits every student, regardless of ability.
The Cotswold School's outstanding GCSE results
- 62% of students achieved the benchmark of five or more 9-5 grades, including Maths and English (national 43%) and 82% achieved 9-4 grades.
- 35% of all grades at 9-7
- 34 students gained grades 9-7 in eight or more of their GCSEs
- 45% of students achieved the EBacc Award, which represents achievement in the most rigorous GCSE subjects. This 45% result is well above the national average and continues the success rate of students studying and achieving the EBacc at The Cotswold School.
- The percentage of students who achieved the benchmark of grades 9-4 in both Maths and English was 88%.
- The percentage of 9-7 grades (formerly A/A*) was 40.8%%.
Sixth Form students at The Cotswold School consistently achieve outstanding results:
- Significant rise in A* and A grades: 18% of all grades at A* and 41% at A* or A.
- Two-thirds of all A Level grades awarded at A*, A or B.
- Ten Cotswold School students achieved three or more A* or A grades, including one student who gained five A* grades.
- A* to A grades at 50%.
- A* to B grades at 72.6%
- Five students accepted places at the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Forty-four accepted places at Russell Group and 65 at universities across the UK. Destinations also include art colleges, apprenticeships and employment.
- Within five years, the number of students going on to study at Russell Group universities has doubled.
Destinations at the end of Year 11:
Ninety-one per cent of our students continue in education after Year 11. Seventy-five per cent choose to stay with us at Sixth Form.
To view the school performance tables website from the Department for Education, please click here.
To view the School Prospectus please follow the below link;
To view the School's Sixth From Prospectus please follow the below link;
I wanted to say thank you to you, your colleagues and your terrific choir for the contribution that you all made to the performance of my piece on Saturday night. I think it was incredibly impressive to have such a large choir from the school and one that not only sang so well but also presented itself in such a professional and committed way.- The Cotswold School Chamber Choir, the British Choral Composer Mr Bob Chilcott
Students flourish in this outstanding and truly exceptional School’- Ofsted 2015
Opportunities are made available for all to flourish and achieve- Ofsted 2015
Students are well prepared for life in Modern Britain- Ofsted 2015
Every category and sub-category judged as ‘Outstanding’- Ofsted 2015