The Dorcan Academy
Swindon, United Kingdom
About The Dorcan Academy
Thank you for visiting our employer profile. We hope you’ll enjoy learning more about the excellent opportunities for teaching at The Dorcan Academy and living in the nearby area.
Our school is based on our vision to be an outstanding school of first choice at the heart of our local community. We aim to do this through:
1) Exceptional achievement for every student.
2) High quality teaching that inspires and engages minds through an exciting and creative curriculum.
3) An inclusive school where everyone is valued, cared for and nurtured in an extraordinary way.
4) Enabling students to stand out as model citizens, aspiring to make a difference to the lives of others through their exemplary behaviour and attitudes.
5) Raising the aspirations of all stakeholders through a shared culture and vision to strive towards outstanding in all areas.
At The Dorcan Academy we promote five core values of Belonging, Purpose, Aspiration, Perseverance and Achievement and seek to develop in our students the personal qualities of Justice, Honesty, Integrity, Confidence, Responsibility, Independence and Respect.
We can offer you:
- Supportive staff induction programme
- Commitment to high quality professional development
- Excellent specialist facilities and resources
- Committed staff and leadership teams
- Motivated, enthusiastic students
The school’s culture is aspirational, based on very high standards of work and behaviour, with everyone doing their best and enabling our focus to be on learning and progress for all our students.
Learning has always been at the heart of the school. Our students benefit from a rich, diverse and challenging curriculum that provides them with significant choice to meet their needs. The high quality of teaching at the school means that students not only make good progress in their lessons but also enjoy their learning. We want our students not only to achieve academic excellence, but also to develop confidence and skills to equip them for life beyond school.
Our students also excel in many other areas ranging from sports, drama and writing to maths, science and technology, achieving success in both local and national competitions.
You can also get a taste for life at Dorcan by watching our video attached to this profile and also available on our YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/DorcanAcademy
Your personal development
Dorcan has a vibrant and exciting staff team who enjoy high levels of support and an on-going programme of induction and professional development. We are committed to the further training and development of new colleagues, helping everyone develop to their full potential.
We can offer you:
- Excellent support and access to high quality leadership training
- A collaborative working environment where colleagues work together to reflect and improve
- A committed staff and leadership team
We are located on the eastern edge of Swindon, within easy reach of the scenic Cotswolds and nearby Bath, Bristol and Oxford. Swindon has a good selection of affordable housing and a very popular outlet shopping centre and is just one hour from London by train.